Navigating the landscape of the dating scene is often tricky and intimidating. We are going to take on this world, tell some real life stories, tips and hints, and hopefully provide some good and entertaining insights into the world of dating in 2020.
Hi readers. Welcome to week 8 of our series! For the return readers, welcome back. We hope the Coronavirus hasnt hampered your dating life. Check out our latest episode for a pretty interesting discussion related, on the Defylife Podcast Network’s own – Unsupervised: The Spinoff Podcast
If this is your first visit to our series you have missed alot. Never fear, visit the links below to get caught up.
Shameless plug Alerts are out of the way. Let’s get to it. Last week we talked about the 2nd date. The 2nd date is serious business. Specifically, WHY the 2nd date is actually MORE important than the first. So this week is getting directly into it. Yup, you guessed. Tips for the 2nd date!
1. Change it up from the first date. Here is your chance to show some range and versatility. If you started with your first date on one side of spectrum of things that you enjoy doing, Try something on the other side of range of things that you enjoy doing. The change up would definitely be exciting and refreshing.
2. Dinner is served. As we did NOT recommend going to dinner on the first date, ( you can EAT, but no official dinner) the Dinner Date is officially on the table for a 2nd date idea. Maybe set some reservations, get dressed, let her know…we are going OUT tonight. Full gentlemanship is on display!
3. Cross the physical threshold. Greet each other with a huge hug. Be excited to see one another. Have a good time, and express some physical interest that you are both comfortable with. Maybe end the night with a kiss. We didnt get ghosted, but we also arent trying to get friend zoned, so gaining some ground here is important.
4. Take the conversation up a notch. You can afford to take your guard down some. Remember your conversations from the first date. Show you were paying attention to one another. Listen and be attentive. Reveal more about yourself. Here you are building on your communication.
5. Be CONSISTENT AND PRESENT. This date is important to show your level of interest. If your first date was in a social setting, This one can be more one on one. Keep distractions, your cell phone, and things that are not relevant to your date to a minimum. If you are on your phone the whole time I’m going to assume I’m wasting my time because you are interested.
The 2nd date is the official real deal. This is your time to shine and connect without the nerves, and lack of familiarity of the first date. If you 2 nail this date. You are off to the races. Good luck out there. Join us for more next week!