Navigating the landscape of the dating scene is often tricky and intimidating. We are going to take on this world, tell some real life stories, tips and hints, and hopefully provide some good and entertaining insights into the world of dating in 2020.
First, let me say that there are a 1000 articles on dating on the internet, tons of books, and plenty of shows, podcast etc. One may think that is an over saturation out there on one topic. But I tend to think, its THAT much information out there, because its such an intriguing and interesting topic. Everyone wants to know, how to do it right, and how NOT to do it wrong!
Shameless plug alert : I highly enjoy and recommend from the Defylife Podcast Network’s own, :The Relationship Status Podcast. https://www.spreaker.com/episode/21862593
You know I had to drop that link. Take a listen, these guys do a great job of bringing awesome and hilarious takes, experience, and feedback! Let me know what you think!
So, where do we start? Before we get into things related to dating and factoring in other people. Let’s start with where you SHOULD start, with you.
Let’s go with 5 things you should ask yourself about your availability to date.
1. Are you in a healthy and balanced place, mentally, emotionally, spiritually, etc? – hey folks, hurt people hurt people. And that isnt enjoyable. Before you just jump into something, ask yourself…how am I doing? Run through your self checks, and see if you are ready to do this.
2. Ask yourself are you willing. – Inviting others into your world is met with some sacrifice. Are you willing to listen, care, communicate related to things that are not your own, but from someone else? If the answer is no, that’s fine, but you should probably continue to be in selfish mode, alone.
3. Can you AFFORD it?! – This is a serious question! Dating can be quite expensive. We can debate the merits of how and why this is and we probably will, but just know, single food be like $24.99. RELATIONSHIP food be like $94.88, lol!!!
4. Are you interesting and able to present the best version of yourself? – People, go out, live life, have some experiences, be open to sharing your life, and listening about others. Level up. Noone wants to only be able to talk about the time you scored 4 touchdowns in high school over and over. Or your favorite nail color. Have some substantial substance about yourself.
5. Are you ready to put yourself out there? – Even if you are the best thing since sliced bread, you wont be to everyone, and everyone wont be feeling you. We must be willing to understand that, that is ok. It’s part of putting yourself out there. Some folks will say no. If rejection takes you out…well that is another series for another time.
Well…If you can ask yourself these 5 questions, and answer them honestly, you may be ready to jump out there! If not, then sit down somewhere and dont be out here playing. Be honest about who and WHERE you are with yourself. That’s where dating starts, with you.
Hope you enjoyed come back for more…this is gonna be good!