SUPER BOWL SUNDAY SPREAD
This week we will be helping to to create the perfect Super bowl Sunday Spread
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
- 1/2 cup hot taco sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 (16 ounce) container sour cream
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 cup chopped tomatoes
- 3/4 cup black olives, chopped
- 3/4 cup sliced jalapeno peppers
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a large skillet over medium heat, brown beef. Drain well. Stir in beans, taco sauce, chili powder and cumin. Heat until warm.
- Spread the meat and bean mixture into a 9×13-inch casserole. Spread sour cream over the beef and bean mixture, then sprinkle onions, tomatoes, olives and peppers. Top with cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 30 minutes. Serve warm.
- cooking spray
- 5 pounds chicken wings, separated at joints, tips discarded
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons hot sauce (such as Frank’s Red Hot (R))
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- For the glaze:
- 3 crushed garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger root
- 1 tablespoon Asian chile pepper sauce
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Line 2 baking sheets with aluminum foil; grease the foil with cooking spray.
- Place the chicken in a large mixing bowl. Season with salt, pepper, and hot sauce. Add the vegetable oil; toss to coat.
- Place the flour and wings in a large, food-safe plastic bag. Hold the bag closed tightly, and shake to coat the wings entirely with the flour; no wet spots should remain. Arrange the wings on the prepared baking sheets, making sure none of the pieces are touching one another. Spray wings with additional cooking spray
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes, turn all the wings, and return to the oven to cook until crispy and no longer pink in the center, about 30 minutes more.
- Whisk together the garlic, ginger, chili paste, rice vinegar, brown sugar, and soy sauce in a saucepan. Bring the mixture to a boil and immediately remove from heat.
- Put about half the wings in a large mixing bowl. Pour about half the sauce over the wings. Toss the wings with tongs to coat evenly; transfer to a tray and allow to sit about 5 minutes to allow the sauce to soak into the wings before serving. Repeat with remaining wings and sauce.
BUFFALO CHICKEN SLIDERS
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup hot wing sauce
- 1/2 cup warm water, or as needed
- 12 slider-size burger buns
- Mix ground chicken, bread crumbs, egg, and wing sauce together in a large bowl. Add enough water to the chicken mixture so it is a little sticky; shape into patties about 3 inches in diameter.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook patties in hot skillet until burgers are hot and no longer pink in the middle, about 4 minutes per side. Serve on buns.