With the holidays looming around the corner. Don’t want to cook a complicated meal being that you have to cook again onTuesday….. Make Lasagne. This is my special homemade lasagna recipe with made from scratch tomato sauce and delicious, cheesy filling. I have found none better anywhere. Serve with a leafy green salad and crusty garlic bread, if desired.
- 1 (16 ounce) package lasagna noodles
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 cup minced onion
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 pound small curd cottage cheese
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 pound shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add noodles and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain and set aside.
- Place pork and beef in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Stir in tomato sauce, crushed tomatoes, parsley, garlic, oregano, onion, basil and salt. Simmer over medium-low heat for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In a large bowl, combine cottage cheese, eggs, Parmesan cheese, parsley, salt and pepper.
- In a 9×13 inch baking dish, place 2 layers of noodles on the bottom of dish; layer 1/2 of the cheese mixture, 1/2 of the mozzarella cheese and 1/2 of the sauce; repeat layers.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake in preheated oven for 30 to 40 minutes. Remove foil and bake for another 5 to 10 minutes; let stand for 10 minutes before cutting; serve.