Cedar Planked Salmon W/ Roasted Asparagus
This week we will be making a great dish. This Salmon dish is sure to make your pallet jump for joy!
- 3 (12 inch) untreated cedar planks
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger root
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 (2 pound) salmon fillets, skin removed
- 1 bunch fresh asparagus spears, trimmed2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of dried Herbes de Provence
- Sea Salt and pepper to taste
- Soak the cedar planks for at least 1 hour in warm water. Soak longer if you have time.
- In a shallow dish, stir together the vegetable oil, rice vinegar, sesame oil, soy sauce, green onions, ginger, and garlic. Place the salmon fillets in the marinade and turn to coat. Cover and marinate for at least 15 minutes, or up to one hour.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium heat. Place the planks on the grate. The boards are ready when they start to smoke and crackle just a little.
- Place the salmon fillets onto the planks and discard the marinade. Cover, and grill for about 20 minutes. Fish is done when you can flake it with a fork. It will continue to cook after you remove it from the grill.
Directions for Asparagus
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Toss the asparagus with olive oil, Herbes de Provence, salt, and pepper. Spread the asparagus onto the baking sheet in a single layer.
- Roast in preheated oven until tender and lightly browned, about 12 minutes.
Take a Picture and send it to us!
Even when your cooking……… don’t forget to Defy Life!