The current fantasy football philosophy is..”Wait on quarterback, they’ll post about the same numbers.” That’s a lie! Typically owning a top 3 quarterback affords you a 7 to 10 point advantage each contest. He could be the fantasy beast that carries you to a championship.
t15. Derek Carr: Carr regressed drastically last year. He’s going to benefit tremendously from the hiring of Jon Gruden.
Projections: 4,006 with 26 touchdowns and 15 interceptions, 106 rushing yards with 0 touchdowns
15. Tyrod Taylor: Don’t think I’m crazy for this one! Taylor is playing in a quarterback friendly offense. He’s also equipped with Hue Jackson, and a top 5 wide receiver core.
Projections: 3,899 passing yards with 24 touchdowns and 9 interceptions, 406 rushing yards with 4 touchdowns
14. Matt Ryan: Ryan is the happiest guy in Atalanta that Julio’s holdout is over! He’s ready to get the season started.
Projections: 4,100 passing yards with 26 touchdowns and 14 interceptions, 31 rushing yards with 1 touchdowns
13. Jimmy Garoppolo: Jimmy G is the latest New England product to exhibit enormous potential. He was traded to the 49ers; Kyle Shanahan. Shanahan’s system has already catapulted Matt Ryan to the NFL’s MVP. Jimmy embodies a lot of the same qualities, if not more.
Projections: 4,006 passing yards with 26 touchdowns and 14 interceptions, 160 rushing yards with 2 touchdowns
12. Andrew Luck: Luck is finally healthy after sitting out for a year. He has the capability to finish in the top 5. However, we don’t know if it will be a seamless transition back to the Luck we have known.
Projections: 3,998 passing yards with 27 touchdowns and 16 interceptions, 216 rushing yards with 3 touchdowns
11. Jared Goff: Goff was risen from the grave by Sean McVay. He expects to build on last ye;r’s great season.
Projections: 4,010 passing yards with 28 touchdowns and 14 interceptions, 58 rushing yards with 0 touchdowns
10. Ben Roethlisberger: Big Ben is definitely showing signs of slowing down. However, armed with arguable the best running back and the best wide receiver on his side. He’ll put up top 10 numbers getting off the bus.
Projections: 4,228 passing yards with 28 touchdowns and 15 interceptions, 48 rushing yards with 1 touchdown
9. Matthew Stafford: Stafford is continuing to ascend. He would be further up this list. However, he just inherited a run first Head Coach.
Projections: 4,456 passing yards with 29 touchdowns with 11 interceptions, 113 yards rushing with 1 touchdown
8. Drew Brees: The Saints are going to depend a lot more on Drew’s arm in the begging of the season, due to Ingram’s suspension. Kamara is able to carry the load, but Sean Payton doesn’t want to run him into the ground.
Projections: 5,003 passing yards with 29 touchdowns with 13 interceptions, 48 rushing yards 1 touchdown
7. Phillip Rivers: Rivers is in line for maybe the best statistical year of his career. If Keneen Allen, Mike Williams, and Melvin Gordon remain healthy. Phillip could potentially finish as a top 5 quarterback.
Projections: 4,715 passing yards with 31 touchdowns and 16 interceptions, 48 yards rushing with 1 touchdown
6. Cam Newton: Cam has more explosive offensive weapons around him since the Florida Gators. We should see Superman more ‘Super’ than ever before.
Projections: 3, 917 passing yards with 26 touchdowns and 14 interceptions, 698 rushing yards with 6 touchdowns
5. Deshaun Watson: Experts are saying the future is here. Watson is the perfect combination of speed, power, and throwing accuracy. He only started 6 games last year amassing 1,699 passing yards with 19 touchdowns; which both were tops in the league.
Projections: 4,101 passing yards with 31 touchdowns and 16 interceptions, 456 rushing yards with 4 touchdowns
4. Carson Wentz: Wentz was the NFL MVP front runner before his season came to an abrupt end when he tore his acl. He may not miss a regular season game after avoiding the pulp list. If that’s the case, watch Carson get off to a flying start.
Projections: 4,313 passing yards with 34 touchdowns with 12 interceptions, 198 yards rushing with 2 touchdowns
3. Russell Wilson: Wilson typically gets off to a slow start. He always seems to end the year within the top 4 fantasy quarterbacks. With a more stable run attach to compliment the pass, Russell should flourish.
Projections: 4,016 yards passing yards with 34 touchdowns and 13 interceptions, 510 rushing yards with 3 touchdowns
2. Tom Brady: No superlatives needed!
Projections: 4,806 passing yards with 39 touchdowns and 7 interceptions, 96 rush yards with 5 touchdowns
1. Aaron Rogers: He consistently finishes as a top 3 fantasy quarterback year end and year out. A broken collarbone sidelined him for nine games last season. Rogers is ready prove to NFL that he’s still a “Bad Man.”
Projections: 4,716 passing yards with 42 touchdowns and 11 interceptions, 333 yards rushing with 2 touchdowns