Several NFL players are closing in on career milestones. Here is a look at which players should achieve those in 2017.
- Drew Brees is closing in on 70,000 career passing yards. At just 3,889 yards away, Brees should join Peyton Manning and Brett Favre in the exclusive 70K Club late around week 12 of the 2017 season.
- Tom Brady is 3,418 yards shy of 50,000 career passing yards. With no signs of slowing down, look for Brady to eclipse the 50K mark around week 11.
- Three members of the vaunted 2004 QB class are on pace to each pass 50,000 passing yards. Eli Manning needs just 1,786 to hit 50K, while Ben Roethlisberger (3,186) and Phillip Rivers (4,176) are closing in as well.
- Brees and Brady are also closing in on 500 touchdown passes. Brees is 35 touchdown passes short of the milestone, while Brady needs 44 to reach it.
- Aaron Rodgers and Carson Palmer are set to reach the 300 touchdown passes mark in 2017. Rodgers needs just 3 TD tosses and Palmer needs 15.
- Frank Gore will eclipse 14,000 rushing yards for his career with a healthy season. Gore is 935 yards away.
- Adrian Peterson could hit 2 milestones in 2017. He’s just 253 yards away from 12,000 career rushing yards, so 13K is not out of the question.
- If Chris Johnson can muster 463 yards after re-joining the Cardinals, he’ll reach 10,000 yards for his career. Matt Forte (585) and Marshawn Lynch (888) are also within striking distance of this feat.
- Adrian Peterson needs just 3 rushing touchdowns to reach 100 for his career.
- Larry Fitzgerald will reach 15,000 career receiving yards with 611 yards in 2017.
- Anquan Boldin needs just 221 yards to hit 14,000 for his career.
- With 939 yards in 2017, Brandon Marshall will eclipse 13K for his career.
- Two of the best tights in league history could hit the 12K mark. Jason Witten is just 112 yards shy, while Antonio Gates needs 808 on the season.
- Currently a free agent, Vincent Jackson, is just 920 yards shy of 10,000 career receiving yards.
- Fitzgerald needs 85 receptions to reach 1,200 for his career.
- Witten is 11 receptions away from 1,100.
- With 59 grabs in 2017 Brandon Marshall will reach 1,000 career receptions.
- Gates needs just 9 TD to reach 120 receiving touchdowns for his career.
- Fitzgerald is only 6 away from 110 career touchdown receptions.
- The once-and-again Carolina Panther Julius Peppers needs just 6.5 sacks to reach 150 on his illustrious career.
- Robert Mathis and Dwight Freeney are 7 and 7.5 sacks away from 130, respectively.
- Terrell Suggs needs 5.5 in 2017 to notch 120 sacks for his career.
- Elvis Dumerv (1), Mario Williams (2.5) and Trent Cole (9.5) are all closing in on 100 career sacks.
- With 7 interceptions in 2017 DeAngelo Hall will reach 50 for his career.
- Reggie Nelson needs 5 interceptions to reach 40 on his career, while Aqib Talib is 7 away.