Gates tops the list but, the Billionaire Boys Club has some strong competition.
For the fourth year in a row, Microsoft founder Bill Gates has topped the Forbes Billionaire’s list. He has held the “richest person in the world” title for 18 of the last 23 years. The “Oracle of Omaha” Mr. Warren Buffet comes in at a hefty second. In third place there is Amazon’s founder Jeff Bezos who added $27 billion to his first fortune this past year. They are all heavy hitters in business and their businesses serve millions of people across the globe. Take a look at who else made the top 10 list.
- Bill Gates, Microsoft ($86 Billion)
- Warren Buffet, Berkshire Hathaway ($75.6 Billion)
- Jeff Bezos, Amazon ($72.8 Billion)
- Amancio Ortega, Zara ($71.3 Billion)
- Mark Zuckerberg, Facebook ($56 Billion)
- Carlos Slim Helu, Telecom ($54.5 Billion)
- Larry Ellison, Software ($52.2 Billion)
- Charles Koch, Diversified (48.3 Billion)
- David Koch, Diversified (48.3 Billion)
- Michael Bloomberg, Bloomberg LP, ($47.5 Billion)