As I prepare to view the All Eyez On Me biopic, I decided to share with Tupac how he inspired me.
I’ve been writing this letter for 2 decades now. First off, I have 2 ask. Is there Heaven for G’s? I’m just clowning, happy bday.
I kno we’ve never met, but it feels as tho I kno u so well. I really want u 2 kno u saved my life. I don’t kno where to start, well I guess the beginning.
My father was kicked out 4 the ump-teenth time. I guess my mom was sick and tired of being sick and tired. My nights became long and sleepless. I dreamt of my murdered brother. I also couldn’t shake my father being shot right b4 my eyez. My subconscious thoughts were filled with Lucifer telling me you’re better off dead. “Y would God subject u to so many heart wrenching factors, if he loved u?” Waking up in cold-sweats nightly really took a toll on me. He ultimately consumed my thoughtz and dreamz. I remember 1 day after football practice all I wanted 2 do was drive my car over the bridge. The only things that stopped me were vivid visions of my mother’s face after my untimely demise. No 1 could understand me. Not even ME! I felt all alone. It was Me Against the World.
Everything changed for me after a ride to the local music store. I walked around the store 4 an hour b4 deciding what 2 buy. I left with Me Against the World. Little did I kno… it would b my resurrection.
I listened 2 u Day and night. I don’t kno y but your voice was muffled 2 me. I really couldn’t hear the words n the raps. Then 1 day your voice was crystal clear. I lingered on every word, verse after verse, song after song. I began to connect with every song on the album.
- If 👁 die 2night…in the case of my demise don’t feel sorry for me. I’m really not happy here.
- Me Against the World….it seems as tho I’m all alone, but I must triumph over what ever.
- So many tears…it made me embrace the turmoil my life was n, and 2 ask God to help me.
- Temptations…helped me realize the flesh is weak, especially for the opposite sex.
- Young NIGGAZ…don’t rush to adulthood, enjoy your adolescence, and the decisions u make r vital.
- Heavy In The Game…it takes hard work to get what u want, if u don’t u will b just another statistic.
- Lord Knows…the black on black violence is an epidemic, and turn 2 god for guidance.
- Dear Mama…pay homage to the person that sacrificed themselves so u can have.
- It Ain’t Easy…it’s very hard to b a young black man n America, I doesn’t matter the heights u soar 2, the fabric of America will view u as a Nigga.
- Can u Get Away…people sometimes need an outlet from whatever their circumstances r.
- Old Skool…the paths we travel 2day has been traveled by many trailblazers, remember the individuals that make it possible to do what u do.
- Fuck the World…the world doesn’t except me for who I am, so I have no love for it.
- Death Around The Corner…there are many different facets to death, it doesn’t necessarily mean you’re not breathing any longer.
- Outlaw…this is the monster I could b if it weren’t for God.
Believe it or not, this album became my bible. I took it everywhere I went. All of a sudden it was my courage, my strength, my happiness. Then I started to notice all the references u made about God, and 2 God. Initially, I only dropped 2 my kneez and prayed when u mention it n “so many tears.” I began to hear the message behind the message; 2 confide n God. I found myself nightly praying for guidance and forgiveness. My relationship with God had been resurrected through your music. I realized He had used u as a vessel to retrieve me.
I’ve alwayz wanted 2 thank u for being who u r. I thank u for being spiritually connected enough so God can use u. Most of all I thank u for saving my life. Pac, I could add page upon page to this letter. However, I’m going 2 end it with this. U asked, How Long Will they Mourn Me? It’s been 2 decades and we still R.
More than a fan