We’re back with this week’s Cocktail of the Week: Sweet Heat.
Just as the name implies, this cocktail marries sweet and heat. It features SKYY Ginger Vodka along with habanero pepper. This seems like a bold move, what with the habanero and ginger paired together in a martini-style drink, but it is actually quite delicious because it does have a balance of the sweet and spicy. As with all spicy cocktails, it is recommended to ease into the use of pepper, and always keep in mind that there should be a balance of flavors, which is easy enough if you follow the recipe.
Glass: Rocks or Cocktail
- 1 1/2 ounces SKYY Infusions Ginger Vodka
- 1/2 ounce small, de-seeded habanero pepper slice
- 3/4 ounce agave syrup
- 3/4 ounce fresh lime juice
- Candied ginger
- Gently muddle pepper slice in a cocktail shaker.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, with the exception of candied ginger, with ice.
- Shake vigorously and strain into a cocktail glass.
- Garnish with candied ginger on the rim of glass.